There’s another wedding coming up this week, so I made another doily and got it framed. This is it before framing (and after impaling blocking).

Berka Shells doily

It’s been framed against an off-white background and with a dark brown frame. Maybe I will take pictures later. Some of the specs:

Thread: Red Heart 100% mercerised cotton from Madura Coats. Size 20, I should think. The balls give amazing yardage.
Hook: Nameless 1.75 mm steel, probably Pony (could be Tulip also)

Pattern: Berka Shell doily from Southmaid Timeless Doilies to Crochet. (Someone will please explain what a berka shell is.)

Time: A day or so.

Size: Forgot to measure it before framing. I might measure it before wrapping it.

Extra: #1 Quick and easy.

#2 I used Pony Pearlised pins to block this and found they didn’t rust! Yay! Normally when I leave my doilies to dry overnight, I find the pins have rusted. Of course these could just be slow rusters, but maybe not. I shall have to buy lots more of them. This was only a small doily, so I didn’t need too many.

#3 I seem to have found my thread mojo again. Actually I was planning to make a couple more to frame as gifts for the husband’s hospital/mess, but he told me they aren’t classy enough. Ah well. That’s put me in my place, proper, it ‘as.