I was playing around with a scheduling app a few days ago, inspired by a weeklong spring clean by Makelight. I’m sorry to report I didn’t finish following up on that but maybe at some point I will.
Those of you who read my blog by visiting it might notice a strangeness. I tried to redo the theme and in the process I lost some settings 😟
Then there was the experiment to set up a payment mode for my products, right here rather than on any e-retail platforms. I added a PayPal button to the green scarf I wove a few weeks ago. I’m not sure if it’s working though.
So why have my experiments flopped?
1. Scheduling flopped because I didn’t build up enough content for scheduling to make sense. I’m finding it difficult to write a couple of blog posts a week and only manage to post Instagram pics because they don’t require much content.
2. Changing themes wasn’t a success because I know just enough WordPress to deconstruct and not enough to build (a little knowledge. And so on).
3. Payment may have sunk because a. I didn’t actually publicise it besides asking one friend to check it out and/or b. I’m not sure I did it correctly.
So now what’s next for this lab of mine?
- Should I admit defeat and give up this online selling attempt and stick to word of mouth?
- Should I give in and hire an expert (the consequent question would be, is the expense justified at this stage of my craft business or will it ever be?)
- Just keep on keeping on and hope somehow I manage to whip myself and my online presence into shape with no outside help?
One thing that I do seem to be able to do is make stuff.
Now to find a way to keep these things moving on so I can make some more.