After a long self-imposed gap, I got tempted again by one of Kathy’s designs and begged to be allowed to test for her. I used some ‘silk’ thread and a Pony handled hook to produce this:
Here are the details:
Yarn: ‘Silk’ on cones, about #10 or so, I think. I used two separate cones to make this, starting the new cone at the beginning of the second half, because what was left on the first wouldn’t have been enough and I didn’t want to have ends to weave in. Ironically, both cones had knots in them so I had ends to weave anyway. Even after the edging, I have thread left over on the cones. Sigh. Not a colour I’d choose for clothing, but then I felt the need to break out. Here is my Ravelry page for the project (not that it’ll tell you much more).
Hook: Pony handled 1.00mm
Time: About two weeks
Size: 19″ x 30″ (too big for our coffee table width-wise). Might have to give it away.
Extra #1 No printer in Hyderabad, so I worked entirely from the Mac screen. no probs.
#2 My edges are always wonky in filet, no matter what I do in terms of increasing and decreasing 🙁
#3 Happy to be testing again 🙂
And here’s some more orange for you, from our grocery (‘fresh’) rations: