Okay, here it is…The time when my Secret Pal goes Oh god, what have I gotten into!!!
PS, I'm allergic to dust/dander/smoke/perfume
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
I don't think I've ever met any natural fibres in yarn to speak of – except cotton from friends in the US. We get woollen yarn in the north, I am told. Hereabouts it's only acrylic. Used Red Heart again from friends, never seen Lion Brand…See sidebar for a list of "furrin" yarns I know ——>
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
Crochet madly, never spun yarn (stories, yes…there was this rabbit that got stuck in an underground train…)
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a crocheted hook case I made myself, also a couple of plastic pencil cases. Knitting needles are all over the place. Usually my hooks and needles are with whatever project they're being used for
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Hmmmm…intermediate, maybe? I'm not afraid of any patterns, but I couldn't design to save my life, whether crochet or knit
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, link(s) on the sidebar——>
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I'm allergic to most perfumes, actually, but if you really want to know, I'm partial to the scent that rises from the earth when it rains after a long dry spell….coffee…(not much of a hot coffee drinker, though)
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Chocolate will do it every time! Nothing too sweet, though.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Try everything once….
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Old Telugu and Hindi film songs, western and Carnatic classical music (Foxed you, haven't I? Ha!). My computer can play MP3s.
10. What's your favorite color? Or–do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love pastels! And earth colours (brown, tan…) Most colours are fine, actually
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Live with husband and MIL and dream about having a cat
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Nope, sorry! Can make you some if you want! Actually, we don't have the climate for such things
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I likes what I gets *grin* How they feel is important!
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I generally like making baby things because they finish fast (and no, I'm NOT pregnant, thank you for caring)
17. What are you knitting right now?
It's a secret!!!
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I prefer giving them, most things in India are handmade 😀 Pssst, want a doily? I got some!
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Haven't been able to master this circular technique A-T-A-L-L…I will some day, though
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
We only get metal hereabouts, you know! (I've got plastic hooks from some US friends, though…would you believe it, Crystalites are made in India but not sold here as far as I can make out????)
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Nopes. Got two hands and two knees *grin*
22. How did you learn to knit?
From my mother when I was a kid…was also supposed to have learnt in school, along with crochet, but shhhh, my mom made those booties for the craft class
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Ummm…A year or two? It's this pineapple doily that I gave up on when I got tired of cutting and joining (that pattern is like that…)
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Garfield, Hobbes…I love cats, cats, cats…(am allergic though, waaaaaaaaaah!)
25. What is your favorite holiday?
With little cooking and lots of books to read…All I want is a room somewhere…Far away from the cold night air…with one enormous chair…oh loverly….
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Does gathering moss count?
Seriously? Small interesting stones from riverbeds and streams and seashore wherever we visit…no "collections" as such, really
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Get real! We don't have any publications in India dedicated to yarn-craft, only one quarterly needlework magazine that covers crochet sometimes.
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
In my wishlist——–>
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Crochet on the double, circular knitting…um, can I add to this later? Watch this space!
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Never knit a sock. I'm fascinated by self-striping yarns, though I've not met too many face-to-hank. My foot measures…8"/20 cm from heel to toe. Haven't a clue in European/American sizes, sorry!
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
You're still reading? I'd have given up after #3 or something…